9 de octubre de 2008

Hotel Wrecking City Traders - EP [2007]


Now comes something new to this blog. Something my ears were glad to discover, just a few days ago. First, I must say thanks to "Sludgeswamp", cuz' I found the band while exploring his blog, which has vast loads of material, so it is quite a nice place to check up.
Well, this a Mellbourne, Australia band. The most amazing thing is that the band has only two members: "ben" the drummer and "toby" on guitars. Coming down to set the band's influences we got names like: Karma to burn, Mogwai, Kinski, Kyuss, Colour Haze, 5ive and some other instrumental bands...oh yeah! this is "Intrumental" stuff. Why is it that I like this music so much? The answer is simple, lacking vocals the music comes to you free of any bounds. I personally found that vocals set directions and rigid rythms to songs...so, in this sense instrumental music allows you to interpret music as you wish, to picture your own image of the sound waves (hate, anger, wrath [not all of them necesarily negative of course])...and I'm talking about this because I'm adding to this post an interview made to HWCT's drummer, in which he refers about the band's origins and to this particular topic of instrumental compositions. So, check up both, the album and the interview...I will probably up-load the band's second album later on, but if you want it first hand, go and get it at sludgeswamp...check up the link on my stoner sources. Take you all!

PD: I forgot to say that they have a DVD, but I haven't been able to find it..."Red Carpet Nigh Presents: Hotel Wrecking City Traders - Live At The EBC "

Interview: http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=209672113&blogID=439094479

Tracklist:

1.- The Porch
2.- Massoli
3.- Get high motherfucker!
4.- Sutter Cane
5.- Danklicker
6.- 7 minutes of tape

Download (sharebee)

No hay comentarios: